With the second half of the wedding season well under way this year, we wanted to remind all of our brides and any potential brides, about things they should pack and bring with them on their wedding day! We call this package that you take with you, Your Wedding Survival Kit. As much as we want everything to go exactly as planned on your wedding day, sometimes life has other plans for us all, and having this Wedding Survival Kit will help ensure that you are ready for whatever life wants to throw your way! We highly recommend packing your Wedding Survival Kit a week before your wedding, and storing it along with your dress until the day of, so you won’t forget to bring it along for the ride. Ready to know what you should have included in this kit? Read on below…
Some of the things we have listed will have links to help you find the perfect match for that item on Amazon. And, the list is in no particular order of importance, as we feel that all 29 items are a must have for your wedding day. Ready to get your Wedding Survival Kit underway? Alright, let’s begin.
1. Tampons – Now, we hope that you won’t have need of these, but because of the sheer amount of women that are around on wedding days, it’s great to have some of these in stock, just in case you, or one of your bridesmaids, have need of them.
2. Acetaminophen – Or, Tylenol, as it’s more popularly known as, is great because it’s easy on your stomach, and perfect for any headaches or other body aches. (Danced too much, take some of this to make sure you don’t feel too bad the next morning.)
3. Deodorant – You would think this is a common sense thing, but you cannot believe how many brides and grooms who forget to grab it, and to even put it on in the morning before getting ready! “Wedding Brain” is a real thing, and you will forget things that you wouldn’t otherwise forget.
4. Eye Drops – Eyes feel a little dry? Worried about them being a little bloodshot for photos? Bring some eye drops to keep your eyes fresh and perfect for pictures!
5. Granola Bars – Trust us, you will forget to eat throughout the day. And drinking, on an empty stomach, is no good at all. So, bring some of these to snack on throughout the day and keep the hanger at bay. 😉
6. Lighter – Easily take care of any loose threads or frayed edges on dresses or suits with a lighter.
7. Phone Charger – Yup, something else that should be “common sense”, but is often forgotten. Don’t let your phone dying end the fun for you! And also, be able to tell that one person who is always late to everything, exactly where you are when they do finally show up, am I right? Lol
8. Floss – That veggie tray was delicious, but what’s this? Now you have broccoli stuck in your teeth? Not a problem if you brought the floss along.
9. White Chalk – Now, this is a “weird” one, but you can use this to easily cover up a stain on your wedding dress. Trust me, it’s like magic!
10. Super Glue – Did someones’ shoe break? Not a problem for you, as you have some super glue to make it last the rest of the day with ease.
11. Mini First Aid Kit – You shouldn’t leave home without this, to be completely honest. Wedding day or otherwise. 🙂
12. Baby Powder – Sweating sucks, but chaffing sucks even more. Keep yourself fresh and sweat free, while avoiding the chaffing on a hot summer day.
13. Clear Umbrella – No matter how well you plan your wedding, rain may always happen. Especially here in Michigan, where the saying is, “If you don’t like the weather in Michigan, just wait five minutes, and it’ll change.” Make sure you purchase enough of these for your entire wedding party. And also, leave the tags on, so you can return them if it doesn’t rain. Don’t get the bubble style umbrella if you choose a different one than the one we have linked, as those have a tendency to cover peoples faces in pictures.
14. Clear Nail Polish – Keep your nails looking perfect all day long with clear nail polish! Also, if you see a run starting in your nylons, cover it with clear nail polish, and it will stop running!
15. Blotting Papers – We’re all human here, and we all have an amazing ability to sweat when we are feeling hot or stressed. And sweating is no good for makeup or even just feeling fresh. Have one of your bridesmaids keep some of these on hand, so you can stay fresh throughout the entire day, and look sweat free in your portraits!
16. Sunscreen – Well, you’ll likely be in the sun at some point during the day, and with the rise in Skin Cancer, let’s just have this on hand to avoid any burning, or anything worse, shall we?
17. Lint Roller – If you have animals, or if anyone in your wedding party has animals, it is likely that they have a few pieces of fur or two on their clothes. Easily take it off with a lint roller. It also works great for snow!
18. Hair Spray – Your makeup and hair artist most likely won’t be around for the entire wedding day, so stay prepared and have some hair spray nearby to keep your hair looking it’s best!
19. Nail Clippers – Sometimes, you get a random hangnail, especially right after having your nails professionally done. Easily remove them (and tags on dresses) with nail clippers!
20. Pepcid AC – If you are drinking alcohol at all during the day, make sure to take some pepcid. Heartburn and Acid Reflux is no fun, and can easily ruin the merry mood of those afflicted.
21. Chapstick – Who likes kissing chapped lips? Men and women can both benefit by having some chapstick nearby to keep the chapped lips at bay.
22. Bug Spray – Going to have an outdoor ceremony in the middle of summer? You won’t like the bugs, but the bugs will like you. Keep them at bay with bug spray, and everyone will be happy at the end of the day, when they’re not covered in itchy bites.
23. Tissues – Feelings. People have them. 😉
24. Bobby Pins – You can never have enough bobby pins laying around. If you won’t need them, I guarantee that one of your bridesmaids will.
25. Benadryl – Allergies cause puffy red eyes, as well as sneezing and other such ailments. Always keep some of this on hand to ensure that everyone is allergy free.
26. Mints – Be minty fresh for your kisses. You’ll be kissing a lot.
27. Small Sewing Kit – You wouldn’t believe how many times we’ve seen buttons fall off, or something needing to be hemmed at the last minute. You won’t regret having this on hand.
28. Tide To Go Stick – Keep the stains at bay! This is the best thing to use at first, before the chalk trick.
29. Heel Stoppers – Going outside at all in heels? Ladies, we all know the struggle of walking across grass or dirt or sand, while sinking in our heels. Put a stop to them for yourself, and all your ladies, with these awesome heel stoppers. You’ll want a pair for every set of heels you own after you see how amazing they are at keeping you ON the grass, instead of IN the grass.
Whew, and that’s it! We hope this helps you to keep your sanity on your wedding day. If nothing else, at least you’ll be covered for a lot of what can happen throughout the day. Again, we recommend having it all packed up and next to your wedding dress at least a week before your wedding day.
If you’re not wanting to purchase everything separately, you can search on Amazon for some pre-made kits that include most of the items listed above. They even have a kit for the men.
And lastly, I have two final tips for you guys. If you haven’t done so already, make sure to sign up and set up your Amazon Wedding Registry. Place some of the items above on your wishlist for the Registry if you find yourself without need of other items. It also gives you anywhere from 10-20% off purchases! The second tip, is that if you don’t already have Amazon Prime, get it asap! You’ll have an easy time returning the items you don’t use, as well as enjoy FREE two-day shipping on most items!
If you have found any of these tips helpful, or feel we should add more, let us know in the comments below! Thank you for reading and good luck on your wedding day! Though, if you follow our suggestions, we know you’ll be just fine, because you’ll have Your Wedding Survival Kit all set up and ready to go.